Have you ever considered life without smartphones? Well, in the modern world, which is filled with busy and essential programs, it is hard to do so. Smartphones are devices, which have been widely deployed to tackle fixed schedules from wherever and whenever. Considered a portable computer, which is a little bit easier to handle due to its small size, as compared to a laptop, a smartphone can help one in intensifying their efficiency in both working and personal life. Moreover, this can be done from anywhere, even on the move, thus more convenient. Below are some of the reasons as to why smartphones are so important in daily life.
Technology is changing how we empathize with othersThe invention of smartphones has led to the emergence of other means by which people communicate. Apart from improving just phone calls and text messages, smartphones give access to social networking sites such as Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram, which are all options for keeping contact. Smartphone apps such as Viber and Skype enable people to make international calls, therefore, cheaper when compared to the normal calling tariffs. Messaging apps such as WhatsApp also promote connectivity. Furthermore, these applications are used over the internet connection, even when there is a Wi-Fi connection one can connect with their loved ones. Wi-Fi usage enables you to save your data too. Another way available for keeping connectivity is through email. For you to set up a smartphone you are required to synchronize an email address to the phone; this makes it easy for you to send and receive emails at any time and your comfort.
Benefits of smartphones for your business and customersIndeed, there is an app for everything, through the introduction of mobile app development companies; app developers have been able to create Androids, iPhones and iPads smartphones apps . These mobile apps could pre-installed during manufacturing or obtained from Google play store by android phone users. Through this, business owners can approach the app developers to create their business applications. This makes it easier for you to grow your business. Mobile apps help a business to reinforce its brand and build customer loyalty. Consequently, it increases the business’ visibility as well as offering discounts to customers who use this app increases the growth of the business. The apps also give accessibility as well as connection to the on-the-go kind of customers. Similarly, customers could download and install these apps from the app market for smartphones with other operating systems like Microsoft while those with Android phones could get these best free apps from the Google play store. By doing so, it will help them get the inventory easily; get notifications whenever there are special events, launches, and discounts, as well as having easy access to the constant business information. This benefits both businesses and the customers altogether.
Future of mobile applicationsThe first mobile app was introduced in 2008, and since then, the usage of mobile apps has been on the rise. It has become necessitous to have a mobile application for organizations and businesses for them to grow and prosper in the current world market. Since their inception, there have been growing in their success, which can be statistically backed up by figures given by researchers such as the Statista report. Conforming to this report, in 2016, there were approximately 149.3 billion mobile application downloads as well as 2.8 million mobile apps available in the Google play store as of the first quarter of 2017. More businesses are taking into the app development market to improve customer bond, brand, and direct marketing. Such businesses include the Amazon, Bank of America and Walmart. Arguably, the app development market is overshadowed by Social Media like Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, and Twitter. However, the future of the mobile app development market will depend on this list of factors.
- Security – Due to the high number of cyber-attacks, the app development companies will have to make mobile app security a top priority. App users would require secured banking and private data transactions; by doing this, more clients would trust and therefore get more attracted to the apps.
- Mobile payments – Mobile payment has been widely welcomed across the globe hence more secured mobile applications are required to be built by the developers. Wearables apps are also likely to play a huge role in improving customer loyalty as well as the future of mobile payment.
- Android instant apps – These upcoming apps would not need to be downloaded nor installed rather would run instantly.
- Internet of things, IoT and smart objects – This would enhance communication of smart devices through using the mobile apps. Such devices like controllable power sockets, toys, medical devices, and sports equipment could be connected by putting to use IoT.
How wearables could influence the future of mobile applicationsWearables are designed to mostly function as a secondary display for the main device, which is the smartphone. Due to this relationship between the two, there has been a high demand for wearables across different industries and consequently an increased need for more custom mobile apps. Wearables are likely to influence the future of mobile applications in the following manner:
- Perfect data transmission The data transmission between the smart devices and the wearables need to be fast and flawless which is mostly through Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity. The mobile applications for the wearables have to meet this expectation.
- Small in size Being smaller in size, the mobile apps for wearables would be compelled to be smaller too. This would enhance loading and quick response to individual commands hence efficient.
- Interactive functionalities The mobile apps should be user-friendly and have interactive features such as recognition for both face and thumb or respond to voice commands or even tapings.
- Ability to be computed and customized Mobile apps should be capable of having inputs and outputs which is possible with powerful algorithms. They should also be able to be personalized as the user wants.
- Functional user interface The mobile apps need to be to the point, with high precision and relevant features, which enable users to have easy access to them.